Swim with Basking Sharks
Hebridean SCIENCE Project
St Kilda Expedition
Wildlife Holidays & Expeditions
- Filming for The One Show (clip available here)
- Research vessel for Scottish Natural Heritage and Exeter University's Basking Shark Tagging Project (learn more here)
- Filming for Into the Wild with Gordon Buchanan (available to purchase here)
- Photography trip to Staffa and Lunga
- 30th birthday celebration cruise
- Filming for Land Rover's #WeDealInReal Rugby World Cup 2015 campaign (clip available here)
- RYA Motor Cruising training
- "Water taxi" for a wedding party
- Fully catered 3-day cruise around the Inner Hebrides
- Transfer of the Coll rugby team to and from the Mull Rugby Sevens
- 2-day bareboat charter
Contact us here to find out about chartering one of our vessels.
Wildlife GuideTake a look at some of the species we may find during your visit
M/V Bold Ranger is an exceptionally well-equipped and well-maintained motor vessel. Constructed in 1978, she is forty two feet long, displaces 10 tonnes, and has fantastic sea keeping qualities.
During the winter of 2015/16 she was extensively renovated from the deck up, keeping the onboard standards high.
Powered by twin 212hp diesel engines, M/V Bold Ranger has a cruising speed of 10 knots and she carries enough fuel to cover over 1,000 miles, more than enough for the area we operate in.
She is coded to the highest standard by the Maritime and Coastguard Agency with a Category 2 licence, enabling us to carry a maximum of 12 passengers up to 60 miles from shore, with all the required safety equipment and a wheelhouse full of whale-hunting gadgets such as GPS, chart plotter, LOGGER, radar, echo sounder and loads more.
There is comfortable seating on the upper deck and seating for all on the lower deck. The fly bridge (upper deck) provides you with an extra bit of height, enabling you to spot more wildlife. In the saloon there is a range of books for your entertainment...bird, flora and fauna guides, whale identification charts, and so on.
Brilliant trip, this is our 5th and it was fantastic. Many thanks.
Although not cheap we saw more than expected. Good, organised, very friendly personel which is good, informed and scientific. Unbelieveable to come so close to the animals. Thanks a lot!
Very helpful, knowledgeable team wanting to engage. Great day. Thanks
Common dolphins bowriding Bold Ranger
Tobermory Bay today
Calm conditions cruising from Barra to Hirta, St Kilda, June 2016
Frequently Asked QuestionsGot a question? Let's see if we have an answer...
The most important thing is plenty of warm and waterproof clothes. It can be cold at sea, even on the most beautiful of days, so always bring enough layers to keep you warm and dry.
We also recommend you bring binoculars, cameras, sunglasses and suncream.
Food is included with most packages but details will be sent with your welcome information. Info can also be found further up this page.